Well I got back to coding for my "Think tank" today (Think Tamiya track base with a Mega32 on it).
I was happy with the functionality of the code when I left it previously. I had included FreeRTOS to create tasks to drive and poll distance sensors. So today I decided to clean the code up considerably and document it properly.
Now I've done that I'm able to start implementing "behaviour". This will be the task for tomorrow. I also hope to implement the tilt sensor tomorrow.
Still not sure how I'm going to create the code for the servos just yet. FreeRTOS seems pretty happy at the moment so I don't think I'll tinker with FreeRTOS' timer code. I'll have to play with Procyon's timer code or just write my own from scratch. This decision will be influenced by how many servos I think I will end up controlling. I actually think I'll create a "daughter board" which acts on UART commands to control servos.
BTW having a 19" monitor on my development machine is so much better than the old 15". I am not squinting as much and can actually see all of AVRStudio in one view :)