Raspberry Pi and ROS (Robot Operating System) - pre-compiled image


 

[Please note author considers this approach deprecated now, there are easier ways to achieve the same goal]

Using the Raspberry Pi with ROS is very 'doable'.


Building the ROS software natively on a Raspbery Pi 3 can take between 2 and 10 hours.

If you would like to just download an SD Card image, write it and avoid the time to Build ROS on the Raspberry Pi then use the link below.

Details of the Image
* requires at least a 16Gb SD Card
* Uses Raspbian Stretch
* Uses ROS Kinetic Desktop (excludes Collada and URDF modules as they were troublesome)
* Username: pi
* Password: raspberry
* SSH is enabled.

I am distributing as a torrent, please use this torrent file with your favourite Torrent client to download:
http://adventuresinsilicon.com/ftp/RasbianStretchKinetic.img.torrent
 

Update 16 Jan 2021

My current preferred approach is to use the well supported and tested images from Ubiquiti Robotics

Comments

Dan Bejarano said…
Hi, I have this error:

"Cannot open access to console. The root account is locked see sulogin(8) man page for more details."

Could you help me?
Thanks
Unknown said…
I have the same problem....did you find a solution?

Thanks!!
Rantistic said…
I am getting the same any solution?
Pandora said…
Okay....a torrent is the worst way to distribute an img file when you don't compress the image and put it in a zip to at the very least protect the integrity of the image itself, not to mention the size and therefore download time. I can't imagine you have very many seeds.
Pandora said…
Against my better judgement I took the time to download this monster file to of course find out it doesn't work. It won't even but the first screen. 100% waste of time.